LFS 5.0 usr/src not populated

Barry Sharpe bsharpe at cre.gov.uk
Thu Feb 19 06:53:38 PST 2004

i find i have got to page 199 and i have no files in usr/src. I came by this
as i was trying to compile the keyboard into the linux kernel. I would have missed it otherwise. Have i missed a step? on this my 3rd attempt i have ticked every page as i have completed it. I can find no pages unticked nor
can i find any switch to point to the usr/src directory.

My original thought was that the kernel needed to be compiled before this
directory got populated which is why i tried to compile the keyboard after page 199 and not on page 187. i don't want to reboot until i understand if this is right or not

thanks
Barry

the system manager.

postmaster at cre.gov.uk