Version 5.0 / glibc-2.3.2 config error

Kevin P. Fleming kpfleming at linuxfromscratch.org
Thu Feb 19 06:27:40 PST 2004

Atkins, Brian wrote:

> I'm not sure how much space you guys have for storage, but have you ever
> thought about maintaining a build directory with everything that someone new
> to this process would need to follow the instructions to a "T"?

It's not a space issue, it's a bandwidth issue. The server hosting the
LFS site has a monthly limit (although it was recently increased), and
hosting all the packages would blow past that limit quickly.

There is a combined LFS-5.0 tarball available, some of the mirrors have
it and it's available on a peer-to-peer network as well. They are all
listed on the "Download" page of the LFS site.