Version 5.0 / glibc-2.3.2 config error

Atkins, Brian BAtkins at osc.uscg.mil
Thu Feb 19 04:43:29 PST 2004

Well, Kevin, it was an issue on my part... sort of...

When I downloaded all the packages to build, I followed the "list of
ingredients" on pages 48-51.  It's there that gcc-2.95.3 is listed, but for
the gcc build in chapter 5, pages 64-65, it refers to gcc-3.3.1.

I'll make an attempt to make a run through the documentation and see if
there are any other discrepancies, then I'll have another go at it tonight
starting from the top down.

I'm not sure how much space you guys have for storage, but have you ever
thought about maintaining a build directory with everything that someone new
to this process would need to follow the instructions to a "T"?

Thanks for the help, Kevin.  I'll let you know how round 2 goes.

Brian