After reboot of workstation i lose all files

Barry Sharpe bsharpe at cre.gov.uk
Thu Feb 19 01:48:40 PST 2004

It has happend twice, the first time i thought it was something i had done.
I rebooted the workstation this morning signed back in to Red hat 9 and all
files in my LFS partition have dissapeared. I would not mind but i was on page 178 of the LFS 5.0 build. Before i actually finished the project and then rebooted and lost all files on the LFS partition only. The host remains stable.
This has been my third attempt at the LFS build and i am now feeling quiet low

Follows are my exact steps:

after clean shutdown i log into KDE and open a terminal window

su - root
cd /mnt/lfs
[root at LINUXPC lfs]#ls -la
total 8
drwxr-xr-x 2 root        4096 Feb 16 13:01.
drwxr-xr-x 5 root        4096 Feb 16 13:01..

thats all i get, i am not sure how to troubleshoot this problem, i am going to have to find out before i attempt another build.

Barry

the system manager.

postmaster at cre.gov.uk