test failure, glibc make check (chroot pass)

Ken Moffat ken at kenmoffat.uklinux.net
Wed Feb 18 15:17:09 PST 2004

On Wed, 18 Feb 2004, Bob Morgan wrote:

> I am getting repeated failures of the test phase of the glibc make.
> -build/crypt:/sources/glibc-build/linuxthreads' \
> /sources/glibc-build/libio/
> cmp ../iconvdata/testdata/ISO-8859-1..UTF8 /sources/glibc-build/libio/tst-fopenloc.out \
>   > /sources/glibc-build/libio/tst-fopenloc.check
> /sources/glibc-build/malloc/mtrace /sources/glibc-build/libio/tst-fopenloc.mtrace >> /sources/glibc-build/libio/tst-fopenloc.check
> /bin/sh: line 1: /sources/glibc-build/malloc/mtrace: No such file or directory

 I had something very similar (not on i586) the other week.  From
memory, malloc/mtrace is a perl script.  It doesn't get created if
the configure script doesn't find a working perl (in my case, a typo in
the version numbers for the install at the end of chapter 5).  Check the
configure.log file (think that's the name) in the build directory using
`more', or using 'less' from outside chroot.

Ken
--
Brighton tops UK Jedi league