Chapt 5 gcc-3.3.2 pass 1 - compile problem

Nick Perkins nick at womby.net
Fri Feb 13 18:06:13 PST 2004

Hi everyone

I'm coming up with this problem when trying to compile gcc-3.3.2...

Cleaning up unneeded directories:
fixincludes is done
cp: cannot crate regular file `include/syslimits.h': No such file or
directory
chmod failed to get attributes of `include/syslimits.h': No such file
or directory
make[2]: *** [stmp-fixinc] Error 1
make[2]: Leaving directory `/mnt/lfs/home/sources/gcc-build/gcc'
make[1]: *** [stage1_build] Error 2
make[1]: Leaving directory `/mnt/lfs/home/sources/gcc-build/gcc'
make: *** [bootstrap] Error 2

To explain a little further, I originally compiled binutils, gcc and was
trying to comile glibc on debian stable - however, there was a problem with
autoconf so I needed to upgrade to either testing or unstable. In testing
AND unstable, I hit this problem with gcc. (I did test glibc to see if the
autoconf error had gone, and it had. But I wanted to make sure everything
was installed fresh in case of things like this...)

I've seen this talked about in lfs-dev, but there was no real definative
answer. Can anyone else enlighten me?

I'm using LFS-5.1-PRE1.

Thanks
Nick