broken bash!?

Chris Lingard chris at stockwith.co.uk
Thu Feb 12 03:14:52 PST 2004

B. Adel  wrote:

> Hey, I bought hard copy of  "linux from scratch 4.1" with cd... I bought
> it because I don't have internet access at home, I use internet at net
> cafe, and internet services is too bad to download all that packages
> needed to build linux from scratch, so! I run red hat 9, develop packages
> is pre-installed, I made free partition but formated as ext3 not ext2,
> everything else is fine... but I couldn't install bash-2.5a which I got
> with the book
>
> cd bash-2.5a
>  /configure --enable-static-link --prefix=/mnt/hda8/static --with-curses
>  /configure: line 44: conf2441.file: No such file or directory
>  /configure: line 780: config.log: No such file or directory
>
> what wrong?

You need to use the environment variable LFS, like the book says.
I assuse that /dev/hda8 is your new partition, mounted on /mnt/lfs

Go through the book again, checking each step, then use --prefix=$LFS/static
like what the book says.

Do not confuse partitions like /dev/hda8, with mount points like /mnt/lfs

Chris