grub Error 15: File not found

Ken Moffat ken at kenmoffat.uklinux.net
Wed Feb 11 09:48:18 PST 2004

On Wed, 11 Feb 2004, Barry Sharpe wrote:

> i have now rebooted and my new shiny menu displays but nothing unfortunatly boots. it just returns me to the menu and gives me options to edit the command or go to a command line at which point i get a
> grub> prompt
>
> i shall have to have a look around and see what options i have within the grub enviroment to get my system back.
>
> steep learning curve ahead methinks

 Sounds as if it can't find the kernel.  If the supplied parameters are
wrong it would start to boot before either ignoring them or worst case
panicking.  You can edit the command line you're trying to boot from to
correct the name of the kernel image if it's just a typo, otherwise
you'll need to give it the correct drive and path to the kernel.

 Stick around, maybe a grub user can help you with this.

Ken
--
Brighton tops UK Jedi league