LFS cloning

David Wilson David.Wilson at mbf.com.au
Tue Feb 10 19:35:20 PST 2004

The easiest way is to tar/bzip2 it up and copy it to another
computer/partition. Make sure you exclude the /proc directory.

I have saved a few versions of lfs this and copied them all to a
bootable CD. I then boot up with the CD, mount the hard drive,
uncompress the tar file and voila.

David

>>> grudziar at linuxhightech.com 02/11/04 12:01pm >>>
Hi,

I would like to clone my LFS system from the desktop onto my laptop
(assume an empty hard drive on the laptop).  Is there a way of doing
that?

Thanks.

--
Arkady.