Network Interface: link down

Dirk Kleinschmidt dirk.kleinschmidt at gmx.net
Tue Feb 10 13:01:57 PST 2004

Hi Ken,

Thanks for your help. Your sentence "Looks like it keeps losing the
connection" brought me the solution.
My notebook running WinXP was still searching for a dhcp server but on my
lfs-box there isn't one running yet.
I think this resulted in "link down" because it did not appear since I
switched to a fix ip.

But one questions is left: When I tried to compile the kernel with rtl8139
as a module the network-cards didn't even boot because the modules haven't
been loaded until the S20network script was executed. How do I load those
drivers in an earlier state?

Dirk