Important packages for ch 6

Joel Miller cheeziologist at mail.isc.rit.edu
Sun Feb 8 21:25:49 PST 2004

On Mon, 09 Feb 2004 18:31:17 +0700 (WIT), daniel widyanto
<kunil at dsp.itb.ac.id> wrote:

> Hi
> I'm using LFS 5.0 and I've done through ch. 5
>
> I'm going to build mini-distro that is small enough for USB 64MB disk.
>
> What packages, in Ch 6, should or shouldn't I remove to minimize the size
> ? Can I freely add my favourite package in ch 6 ?
>
> Thank You

There is a hint on hints.linuxfromscratch.org that deals with making a
very small bootable linux system. It will involve replacing glibc with
uclibc or dietlibc and using busybox instead of a few other packages. You
should look at that hint.

--
Registered LFS User 6929
Registered Linux User 298182