Problem with kernel build

Thomas Morgenthaler tmwhvch at gmx.de
Sun Feb 8 13:36:47 PST 2004

Hi

The disk space on the host system, its doesn't matter. I mean the
i-nodes from /dev/hdb1. You use 2607656 from 3023608 kb. I don't know
how many files and used blocks under /dev/hdb1 exists. If you have a few
more litle files, you can have a problem with the i-nodes. This is a
ext2 problem. You can have GBs left on disk space, and no room for new
files. The error message, from the system, is the same, if you have no
i-nodes or no space.
Read the man page about ext2 (man mkfs.ext2) and
Documentation/filesystems/ext2.txt in the kernel documentation.

T.M.