LFS 5.0 - Chpt 7 - Creating /etc/hosts file

Albert alwagner at tcac.net
Thu Feb 5 17:42:08 PST 2004

I am at a complete loss as you how to set up this file.  I have an
ethernet card that is connected to a cable modem.  I am on a
standalone, single user machine.  My understanding is that my IP
address is assigned dynamically by my ISP.  Is there a hint for this
configuration?  Isn't an ethernet card a network card?

--
"Don't you see that the whole aim of Newspeak is to narrow the range of
thought? In the end we shall make thoughtcrime literally impossible,