Compile Binutils 2.14

Ken Moffat ken at kenmoffat.uklinux.net
Thu Feb 5 07:08:49 PST 2004

On Wed, 4 Feb 2004, Thomas Schwarzer wrote:

> Hello,
> I need help!.
> I'm setting up my first LFS System and now I'm in Chapter 6 of the book
> and want to compile bin-utlis 2.14
> But the make check commands end with the error messages:
>
> ./test-demangle <
> ../../binutils-2.14/libiberty/testsuite/demangle-expected
> /bin/sh: line1: ./test-demangle: Noch such File or Directory
>
> I hope someone can help me, I only find spanish threads in the net to the
> same problem.

 Since nobody else has replied, and assuming your /bin/sh in chroot is
the correct symlink to /bin/bash and from there to /tools/bin/bash, the
fact the other threads were Spanish suggests maybe you've not got
LC_ALL=POSIX in your environment (echo $LC_ALL to test it).

 Failing that, binutils is the first thing you build after adjusting the
linker and the specs file, maybe you did something wrong in one of those
steps ?

Ken
--
Brighton tops UK Jedi league