LFS 5.0 gcc-3.3.1 on command "make -k check" error's.

Barry Sharpe bsharpe at cre.gov.uk
Thu Feb 5 04:30:33 PST 2004

All,

i have an error which i am having trouble solving. i paste the error below. any help would be much appreciated. I have gone back and checked my PTY's which passes fine, i have also re performed the sanity check which outputs the /lib/ld-linux.so.2 as the interpreter, i have also chroot back into the LFS root from the script suggested on page 104. I did a search on google and found only one reference to this specific error where the issue was resolved by issuing the command make -k check several times which cleared the error. But i am unsure as to whether i should do this, i am guessing these programs are going to be critical to a stable OS.

> === g++ tests ===
>
> Schedule of variations:
> unix
>
> Running target unix
> Using /tools/share/dejagnu/baseboards/unix.exp as board description file for target.
> Using /tools/share/dejagnu/config/unix.exp as generic interface file for target.Using /build/gcc-3.3.1/gcc/testsuite/config/default.exp as tool-and-target-specific interface file.
> Running /build/gcc-3.3.1/gcc/testsuite/g++.dg/bprob/bprob.exp ...
> /testsuite_flags: /testsuite_flags: No such file or directory
> while executing
> "exec sh ${odir_v3}/testsuite_flags --build-includes"
> (procedure "g++_include_flags" line 21)
> invoked from within
> "g++_include_flags [get_multilibs] "
> invoked from within
> "if [info exists TOOL_OPTIONS] {
> lappend ALWAYS_CXXFLAGS "additional_flags=[g++_include_flags [get_multilibs ${TOOL_OPTIONS}] ]";
> lappend ALW..."
> invoked from within
> "if ![is_remote host] {
bash: ![is_remote: event not found
> if [info exists TOOL_OPTIONS] {
> lappend ALWAYS_CXXFLAGS "additional_flags=[g++_include_flags [get_
multilibs ${TOOL_OPTION..."
> (procedure "g++_init" line 58)
> invoked from within
> "${tool}_init $test_file_name"
> invoked from within
> "if [info exists tool] {
> if { [info procs "${tool}_init"] != "" } {
> ${tool}_init $test_file_name;
> }
bash: syntax error near unexpected token `}'
root:/build/gcc-build# }"
> invoked from within
> "if [file exists $test_file_name] {
bash: }
invoked from within
if: command not found
root:/build/gcc-build# set timestart [timestamp];
root:/build/gcc-build#
root:/build/gcc-build# if [info exists tool] {
> if { [info procs "${tool}_init"] != "" } {
> ${tool}_ini..."
> (procedure "runtest" line 14)
> invoked from within
> "runtest $test_name"
> ("foreach" body line 42)
> invoked from within
> "foreach test_name [lsort [find ${dir} *.exp]] {
> if { ${test_name} == "" } {
> continue
> }
> # Ignore this one if asked to.
> if { ${ignore..."
> ("foreach" body line 54)
> invoked from within
> "foreach dir "${test_top_dirs}" {
> if { ${dir} != ${srcdir} } {
> # Ignore this directory if is a directory to be
> # ignored.
> if {[info..."
> ("foreach" body line 121)
> invoked from within
> "foreach pass $multipass {
>
> # multipass_name is set for `record_test' to use (see framework.exp).
> if { [lindex $pass 0] != "" } {
> set multipass_..."
> ("foreach" body line 51)
> invoked from within
> "foreach current_target $target_list {
> verbose "target is $current_target";
> set current_target_name $current_target;
> set tlist [split $curr..."
> (file "/tools/share/dejagnu/runtest.exp" line 1625)
> make[2]: [check-g++] Error 1 (ignored)
> make[2]: Leaving directory `/build/gcc-build/gcc'
> make[1]: Target `do-check' not remade because of errors.
> make[1]: Leaving directory `/build/gcc-build'
> make: *** [check] Error 2

the system manager.

postmaster at cre.gov.uk