LFS5.0,chpt6,coreutils: moving mv from /usr/bin to /bin

Albert alwagner at tcac.net
Wed Feb 4 09:00:12 PST 2004

On Wednesday 04 February 2004 10:36, Meher Khiari wrote:
<snip>
> turn off the hash !!
> $ set +h

Ah, yes.  Thank you.  After shutdown and restart, when I reenter chroot
I now do the following.  Can I replace
<exec /tools/bin/bash --login +h> with simply <set +h>?

Have I missed anything else?
su - root
mount $LFS

chroot $LFS /tools/bin/env -i \
    HOME=/root TERM=$TERM PS1='\u:\w\$ ' \
    PATH=/bin:/usr/bin:/sbin:/usr/sbin:/tools/bin \
    /tools/bin/bash --login

mount proc /proc -t proc

mount devpts /dev/pts -t devpts

exec /tools/bin/bash --login +h

"Don't you see that the whole aim of Newspeak is to narrow the range of
thought? In the end we shall make thoughtcrime literally impossible,
because there will be no words in which to express it."
    -- George Orwell as Syme in "1984"