LFS5.0-Chpt 6-Coreutils check failed

Albert alwagner at tcac.net
Tue Feb 3 17:43:15 PST 2004

I guessed that there was a owner/permissions problem because of the
tests being run as user 'dummy'.  The /sources dir was still set as
lfs:users, so I set it to root:root 0777 recursive.  I deleted the
/sources/coreutils-5.0 dir and unpacked a fresh copy and attempted the
install from the top again.  This time the
<su dummy -c "make RUN_EXPENSIVE_TESTS=yes check">
command ran.  However, it still failed one test:

make[3]: Leaving directory `/sources/coreutils-5.0/tests/test'
make[2]: Leaving directory `/sources/coreutils-5.0/tests/test'
Making check in touch
make[2]: Entering directory `/sources/coreutils-5.0/tests/touch'
make  check-TESTS
make[3]: Entering directory `/sources/coreutils-5.0/tests/touch'
0a1
> touch: setting times of `/': Permission denied
FAIL: not-owner
PASS: no-create-missing
PASS: fail-diag
PASS: dir-1
PASS: dangling-symlink
sleeping for 2 seconds...
sleeping for 2 seconds...
PASS: empty-file
PASS: fifo
sleeping for 2 seconds...
PASS: no-rights
PASS: obsolescent
======================================
1 of 9 tests failed
Please report to bug-coreutils at gnu.org
======================================
make[3]: *** [check-TESTS] Error 1
make[3]: Leaving directory `/sources/coreutils-5.0/tests/touch'
make[2]: *** [check-am] Error 2
make[2]: Leaving directory `/sources/coreutils-5.0/tests/touch'
make[1]: *** [check-recursive] Error 1
make[1]: Leaving directory `/sources/coreutils-5.0/tests'
make: *** [check-recursive] Error 1

"Don't you see that the whole aim of Newspeak is to narrow the range of
thought? In the end we shall make thoughtcrime literally impossible,
because there will be no words in which to express it."
    -- George Orwell as Syme in "1984"