more on definitions

michael michael8110 at terra.com.br
Mon Feb 2 17:13:08 PST 2004

I had the same kind of concern as Henry when going through LFS,and i
must say i still do not understand why the static linking at the
beginning of the toolchain build,since the code that will get included
will be the host's..ok,i get the idea of what is static and dynamic
linking,there's a separate linker for each case,right,but what makes you
decide between the two?I really think this should be better
explained,since it seems to lie at the heart of the LFS method..could
someone explain this as to a ten year old?Thanks,michael