Definitions (static vs dynamic linking)

weasel weasel at beyondnormal.org
Mon Feb 2 08:53:27 PST 2004

weasel wrote:
> Henry K van Eyken wrote:
>
>> On Sun, 2004-02-01 at 19:17, Henry K van Eyken wrote:
>>
>> but I am still not satisfied I have a precise
>> understanding of the difference.
>>
>> Henry
>> Henry K van Eyken <vaneyken at sympatico.ca>
>>

> Try here...
>
> http://www.ibiblio.org/pub/Linux/docs/HOWTO/other-formats/html_single/GCC-HOWTO.html
>

> Nick

You should be ok by doing that.  There is a note in the ["Locking in"
Glibc] section that covers this issue specifically.  It suggest you skip
the "make -C ld install" step, but i think thats based on the assumption
that you deleted both directories.  Since binutils is built in a
seperate directory there should be nothing in the binutils-source dir
except the original files from the tar ball.

Nick