Definitions (static vs dynamic linking)

Henry K van Eyken vaneyken at sympatico.ca
Sun Feb 1 16:15:26 PST 2004

Having now an operational LFS (with some horrible errors still) I have
gone back to the beginning of the LFS text to study it more carefully.
This will give rise to some questions from time to time and I hope it is
not out of order to post them on this list. (Heck, the answers may
benefit others.)

In the fourth paragraph under the heading "How things are going to be
done" (in Chapter 1), I find the terms "linked statically" and
"dynamically linked." I wonder if anyone here can write a precise
explanation or definition of these terms in the context of that
paragraph.

Henry
--
Henry K van Eyken <vaneyken at sympatico.ca>