kernel panic: no init found.

Schafer Frank Frank.Schafer at t-systems.cz
Fri Dec 31 03:31:41 PST 2004

Hmmm,

fact ....

http://www.gnu.org/software/grub/manual/html_node/Installing-GRUB-native
ly.html#Installing%20GRUB%20natively

Once you've set the root device correctly, run the command setup (see
setup):

     grub> setup (hd0)

This command will install the GRUB boot loader on the Master Boot Record
(MBR) of the first drive. If you want to put GRUB into the boot sector
of a partition instead of putting it in the MBR, specify the partition
into which you want to install GRUB:

     grub> setup (hd0,0)

If you install GRUB into a partition or a drive other than the first
one, you must chain-load GRUB from another boot loader. Refer to the
manual for the boot loader to know how to chain-load GRUB.

I think you don't explain it better than

$ info grub <enter>

This partition has to be a bootable (of course).

HNY
Frank