Can't mount vfat partition

Dienadel no at use.this.es
Thu Dec 30 09:31:59 PST 2004

>> Build strace and run
>>
>> strace -q -o /tmp/mount.trace -f -F mount -t vfat /dev/hda2 /mnt
>>
>> and then post the file /tmp/mount.trace here.
>
> The file is attached

Taking a look to that file i saw "mount.vfat". I googled that word with
"2.6" and, magically i found people with the same problem (i promised i
googled a lot previously).

The problem seems to be in the "Default codepage for FAT". I had selected
437, but as said in the kern.log: "FAT: codepage cp437 not found".

So, that partition can't be mounted.

Well, now, i'll must to read a bit to find what is that of codepage, and
find the one that i need.

I'll write here to say if it was solved