Best Host? [was Re: glibc-2.3.4...error with libc_pic.a]

Scott harview at montana.com
Thu Dec 30 07:05:18 PST 2004

I just wonder, short of the LFS-CD, which would be the "best" (or at
least a good) host system? I have used Mandrake since v6.0. Now, after
putting together a new machine, I find that mdk10.1 absolutely refuses
to recognise my PCI modem (NOT a winmodem). So I'm casting about for a
different distro to get going, and keeping an eye out for using it as
a platform from which to launch LFS. From the foregoing discussion,
obviously not Suse. And I've seen plenty of reports here of disasters
with Fedora. Just curious as to any opinions. Apologies if too OT.

Scott Swanson
--
Fame is a vapor; popularity an accident; the only earthly certainty is
oblivion.