Perl-5.8.5 build error from Chap 5.34

Armin Marxer armin at alm.za.net
Thu Dec 30 01:11:46 PST 2004

Hi all,

This is my first post to the list as I am building my first LFS (6.0).

My apologies in advance if this has been asked before, however I have
searched as per the netiquette quide for the mailing list, searched
perl, google, etc and come up empty handed :(

I have applied the libc patch as per the documenation.

I have included an extract of the error below:

<snip>
Normalize.xs:7:20: unfcmb.h: No such file or directory
Normalize.xs:8:20: unfcan.h: No such file or directory
Normalize.xs: In function `getCombinClass':
Normalixe.xs:146: error: `UNF_combin' undeclared (first use in this
function)
make[1]: ***[Normalixe.o] Error 1
make[1]: Leaving directory
`/mnt/lfs/build-tmp/perl-5.8.5/ext/Unicode/Normalize'
make: *** [lib/auto/Unicode/Normalize/Normalize.a] Error 2
<snip>

Has someone had similar experiences?

Armin