BUG in the initscripts -- was udev boot problem

Nathan Coulson conathan at gmail.com
Wed Dec 29 06:16:36 PST 2004

On Wed, 29 Dec 2004 06:00:50 -0800, J. Greenlees <jaqui at telus.net> wrote:
> Steve Crosby wrote:
> > Steve Crosby <fost at hotmail.com> wrote in
> > news:Xns95CFD35C576Ffostlongstrider at 216.171.238.83:
> >
> > <snip>
> >
> >>scripts in runlevels 0 and 6 run with the "stop" parameter. I haven't
> >>yet found the changelog describing why this change was made however.
> >>

> > and there is no real detail in the changelogs -
> >
> > Filename: trunk/bootscripts/Makefile
> > Revision 3589 - (view) (download) - [select for diffs]
> > Modified Sat May 15 18:49:25 2004 UTC (7 months, 2 weeks ago) by winkie
> > File length: 18979 byte(s)
> > Diff to previous 3551
> > Reworked namespace
> >
> > and
> >
> > Filename: trunk/bootscripts/lfs/init.d/rc
> > Revision 3591 - (view) (download) - [select for diffs]
> > Modified Sat May 15 19:38:29 2004 UTC (7 months, 2 weeks ago) by winkie
> > File length: 2473 byte(s)
> > Diff to previous 3295
> > Only pass "stop" to scripts in runlevels 0 or 6
> >
> > looks like it was introduced in the 2.12 release, but I can't find any
> > details in the archives discussing the reason for this particular change
> >
> > (not that the change is bad - just that it's not the "expected" behaviour
> > of "standard" sysvinit)
> >
> > - --
> > Steve Crosby
> maybe a important note in next book about it, to stop a continuing
> repeat of this issue from changed initscript?
> possibly update to site docs?

Origionally, there were start/stop symlinks in rc0 and rc6, [LFS
Bootscripts 1.xx], but I moved them over to only using stop symlinks.

Later when Zack Winkles was added to the team, he changed it back [I
think he was trying to make more room for symlinks for BLFS, but not
entirely sure]

--
Nathan Coulson (conathan)
------