one more try with binutils ... anybody ?

Olaf Gruettner olaf.gruettner at web.de
Sun Dec 26 12:40:54 PST 2004

Am Son, 2004-12-26 um 05.57 schrieb Greg Schafer:
> Olaf Gruettner wrote:
>
> > needless to say, that there is no program interpreter in /tools/lib/...
> > [Requesting program interpreter: /tools/lib/ld-linux.so.2]
> >
> > no wonder, testprograms like a.out wont execute. but why is gcc from the
> > host system trying to link to a program interpreter in /tools/lib/... ,
> > a directory which is not even existent?
>
> If this is the 1st pass of binutils failing, then clearly, it is
> completely wrong for your system to be setting the program interpreter to
> /tools/lib/ld-linux.so.2
>
> It looks to me as if you have accidentally edited the specs file for your
> host compiler in a previous attempt. If this is the case then the fix is
> simple, undo the edit that was made to your host gcc's specs file. To find
> out where your host specs file is, try this:
>
>   gcc -print-file-name=specs

this is plain wonderfull ...
I feel I am getting closer.

gcc -print-file-name=specs
/usr/lib/gcc-lib/i686-pc-linux-gnu/3.2/specs

in the specs file I found:
*link:
%{!static:--eh-frame-hdr} -m elf_i386 %{shared:-shared}   %{!shared:
%{!ibcs:       %{!static:      %{rdynamic:-export-dynamic}
%{!dynamic-linker:-dynamic-linker /tools/lib/ld-linux.so.2}}
%{static:-static}}}

I suppose it has to be changed to /lib/ld-linux.so.2

is there anything else to change?

Olaf