Bash scripting

Matthias B. msbREMOVE-THIS at winterdrache.de
Sun Dec 26 06:34:13 PST 2004

On Tue, 21 Dec 2004 12:33:52 -0700 Ron Keller <rakeller at shaw.ca> wrote:

> I would like to set up a script, executed a s root, that will set up the
>
> LFS variable for me so I don't have to type export LFS=/mnt/lfs each
> time I want to continue working through the LFS-6.0 book . The following
>
> is what I have tried so far and it doesn't work.  Can someone help me
> please?.  Thank you
>
> rk
>
> #!/bin/bash
> export LFS=/mnt/lfs

Whenever you execute a shell script, a new shell is started to execute it
and any changes it makes to the environment are local to that new shell.
To execute a script in the current shell, use either

.  scriptname

(i.e. dot, space, scriptname)
or

source scriptname

MSB

--
I didn't know it was impossible when I did it.