one more try with binutils ... anybody ?

Greg Schafer gschafer at zip.com.au
Sat Dec 25 20:57:42 PST 2004

Olaf Gruettner wrote:

> needless to say, that there is no program interpreter in /tools/lib/...
> [Requesting program interpreter: /tools/lib/ld-linux.so.2]
>
> no wonder, testprograms like a.out wont execute. but why is gcc from the
> host system trying to link to a program interpreter in /tools/lib/... ,
> a directory which is not even existent?

If this is the 1st pass of binutils failing, then clearly, it is
completely wrong for your system to be setting the program interpreter to
/tools/lib/ld-linux.so.2

It looks to me as if you have accidentally edited the specs file for your
host compiler in a previous attempt. If this is the case then the fix is
simple, undo the edit that was made to your host gcc's specs file. To find
out where your host specs file is, try this:

  gcc -print-file-name=specs

Regards
Greg
--