substitution of linux version in LFS-6.0

Don Shuff donito at woh.rr.com
Thu Dec 23 09:11:13 PST 2004

On Thu, 23 Dec 2004 08:22:06 -0700
rick <rick.shelton at gmail.com> wrote:

> charlie wrote:
> > This is what i wonder, indeed. Is there a linux-libc-headers-2.6.9.0
> > package somewhere?
> > In fact, my question is:
> > i need LFS-6.0 with running kernel 2.6.9.
> > How should i modify instructions in the book to get this?
> > Can i simply follow step by step lfs book and replace linux-2.6.8.1 with
> > linux-2.6.9?
>
> linux-libc-headers packages can be found here:
> http://ep09.pld-linux.org/~mmazur/linux-libc-headers/
> this link is listed in LFS-6.0 ch 3.2 All Packages.
>
> so go ahead and build a LFS 6.0 system with any kernel you want. Just be sure to
> have matching versions of the Linux-Libc-Headers and Linux kernel packages.
> --
> ~rick

so looking at all the website for the linux-libc-headers, I see two files that would correspond to the 2.6.9 kernel:

linux-libc-headers-2.6.9.0.tar.bz2

and

linux-libc-headers-2.6.9.1.tar.bz2

Would I use the 2.6.9.1 file since it's newer or should I use 2.6.9.0 since there is no kernel with a version number of 2.6.9.1 ?  Or does it really matter?

-Don