lfs 6.0 on amd64

Andrei A. Voropaev av at simcon-mt.com
Thu Dec 23 01:04:27 PST 2004

On Thu, Dec 23, 2004 at 09:27:25AM +0100, M�her Khiari wrote:
> It is ok to just adjust the things so it looks only in /tools/lib, but the
> convention says that all the 32/64 libraries goes under /lib, and the 64
> only libraries goes under /lib64.
> so all I want to do is to go with something standard !
> I didn't got any free time yesterday to go in a test. I am going for it
> today !
> I keep you informated.

Well. /tools directory is not "standart". That is why glibc does not
follow the standart and does not create lib64 there (this is my guess).
When things are installed into / then glibc creates lib64 as expected.
But most of other packages don't follow this standart and still install
all the libraries in lib. So either you have to add --libdir option to
all configure scripts, or you can create symlinks that point lib to
lib64 or vs.

Andrei