problem building LFS 6.0 in chapter 6.9

Daniel S. Reichenbach dsr at best-off.org
Wed Dec 22 07:53:26 PST 2004

> From the previous message, I'm told that I can use
> /usr/src directory to put and extract the tarballs
> needed in chapter 6 and on.
> But I've downloaded all LFS packages and put it in
> $LFS/sources.
Even when you already entered the chroot, the source directory should
still be there. But instead of going to $LFS/sources it should be
just /sources. Moving sources to /usr/src/packages inside the chroot
is a suggestion which is of interest when you plan to reuse the source
after booting into your new LFS system.

Daniel S. Reichenbach