file system failure

Christian Siebert iBBiS at gmx.de
Tue Dec 21 13:58:29 PST 2004

I've just completed the LFS6.0 book, but my system doesn't start
successfully. Instead it boots up to the message "checking file systems..."
and then stops with the following error "fsck.ext2: File system has
unsupported feature(s) (/dev/hdc9)" and "e2fsck: Get a newer version of
e2fsck!".

My host system is a newly installed Fedora Core 3 (i686) where I used the
following command to format my lfs partition: "/sbin/mke2fs -c -c -v
/dev/hdc9". I checked the version numbers and think that both systems (FC3 &
LFS6.0) use the same package "E2fsprogs (1.35)", so I'm a bit confused
because there is even no newer version available
(http://e2fsprogs.sourceforge.net/).

Can anyone explain, what went wrong?

   Chris

--
+++ Sparen Sie mit GMX DSL +++ http://www.gmx.net/de/go/dsl
AKTION für Wechsler: DSL-Tarife ab 3,99 EUR/Monat + Startguthaben