Bash scripting

Barry Sharpe aukz72 at dsl.pipex.com
Tue Dec 21 11:37:44 PST 2004

On Tuesday 21 December 2004 19:33, Ron Keller wrote:
> I would like to set up a script, executed a s root, that will set up the
> LFS variable for me so I don't have to type export LFS=/mnt/lfs
> rk
> #!/bin/bash
> export LFS=/mnt/lfs
 I have only just started on LFS6.0 myself but you can just enter the command
into your .bashrc file in the users home directory it is a hidden file. Not
sure why you might want to be using theroot account for this. Mine works fine
as a normal users account.
Barry

My host system is SuSe 9.1, Linux 2.6.4-52-default, gcc 3.3.3 suselinux,
-I686-pc-Linux-gnu, ld.linux.so2
LFS 6.0 on hda3,ext2
Toshiba Satellite Pro6100