libuuid.so.1 linked to /lib in host root

Pete Kofod pmkofod at datasages.com
Tue Dec 21 09:58:14 PST 2004

Hi:

Following the 6.0 LFS book, I am running in to a challenge with the
mount -n -t ramfs none /dev command on page 109.  libuuid.so.1 is not there.
I searched the news archive and saw references to e2fprogs providing that
shared object.  The document hadn't called for it so I tried to install it
from the chroot using the parameters listed in section 6.43.  It installs
but still links to the libuuid.so.1 under the host's /lib directory.  I
thought I had followed the book very carefully but perhaps not.

Any ideas where I blew it and what I can do.

Regards,

    - Pete