glibc update

Matthias Berndt Berndt.Matthias at gmx.de
Tue Dec 21 06:49:02 PST 2004

Hello,

what things I have to think about when updating glibc?

I ask, because yesterday - and this was not the first time - updating glibc went wrong even after a successful 'make check'. The problem - I think every time I ran into problems - was wrong /lib/ld-linux.so.2.

Amazing, not always a glibc update destroyed the system. So ...

What things have to be updated before or after a glibc update and in which order?
Is there any way to test a glibc-build except a 'make check'.
Is it possible to install a new glibc and to have the old one as fallback?

Thanks
Matthias Berndt