Kernel Minimums

john smith john at smith.com
Fri Dec 10 02:03:20 PST 2004

I would like to do just have you have suggested.
I have a LFS 4.0-RC1 system running on an old k6-200.
I have installed a second 1.3g hdd and was hoping I would be able to use my
current LFS system to build  a new system just to act as a firewall.

Not knowing much about linux...

Would it be better to statically build all of the few programs I will need
to minimise the time it takes to setup this machine?  Is there any other
advantages to doing this?

Is it as simple and changing some environment variables and then installing
packages as per chapter 6 with static links?

thanks
gavin

news:200412071954.39516.johngay at eircom.net...