Kernel Minimums

DHAJOGLO DHAJOGLO at smumn.edu
Mon Dec 6 12:14:55 PST 2004

>The book provides a minimum build of the the toolchain and basic
>functionailty, if you just want a kernel,

So, I would basically need the chapter 5 tools (re installed in chapter 6 + gcc 2.95) and the kernel.  This is kind of what I thought but I wasn't sure if the kernel would complain about missing things like groff, flex, ed... etc.

>which is useless with out the
>other programs.

And while I understand it would be rather featureless I kind of like it that way.  I feel I can then put up a webserver, file server, etc with out having to worry about removing or updating software that I will likely never use.