RE problem with locales

Lucien GENTIS lucien.gentis at waika9.com
Thu Aug 26 02:36:55 PDT 2004

Hi Thomas, thanks for your answer

>/ I tried to install a locale for France with the command:
/Is the "freuro" at the end just a typo ? It should be
fr_FR at euro <http://linuxfromscratch.org/mailman/listinfo/lfs-support> ....

>/ message but after that, no directory "freuro" is create, and
/>/ the command locale -a returns only C and POSIX.
/Maybe the above helps here ...

I tried the command
localedef  -i fr_FR at euro -f ISO-8859-15 fr_FR at euro
but local -a allways returns C and POSIX

I tried the command
localedef  -v -i fr_FR at euro -f ISO-8859-15 fr_FR at euro
which returns plenty of errors:
/usr/share/i18n/locales/fr_FR at euro:21: non-symbolic character value
should not be used
/usr/share/i18n/locales/translit_neutral:10: non-symbolic character
value should not be used
LC_NAME: field `name_mrs' not defined
"und so weiter"
 terminating with
"no output file produced because warning were issued"
but local -a allways returns C and POSIX

I tried the command
localedef  -v -c -i fr_FR at euro -f ISO-8859-15 fr_FR at euro
which allways returns plenty of errors, but without the final phrase
"no output file produced because warning were issued", but
local -a allways returns C and POSIX

What's wrong with my locales ?

I didn't find any question on the list about such a problem !

Have a nice day