'xterm': unknown terminal type.

Chuck Teal silverback011 at yahoo.com
Wed Aug 25 09:55:42 PDT 2004

Yes, I am building inside KDE.  I did try switching to
a virtual terminal to accomplish the same thing.  With
that I also got an error message saying it did not
recognize the  terminal type linux.  I don't have the
exact output because I am at work currently.

However, I am using Mandrake 10 as my base OS.  They
do something to change the defaults for the terminal
on boot up.  I don't know what.  I only notice because
the fonts are "nicer" than for most non-gui boot ups.

I should add I am using LFS 5.1.1 downloaded.
Everything has went well up until this point.  I am
trying to complete the step "Making the LFS system
bootable"  in  Chapter 8.

Should I consider installing grub via a boot disk?  My
current boot config is GAG which points to 'lilo' or
'ntloader'.