Am I in the right place?

David Wilson dave at overbearing.org
Tue Aug 24 23:19:32 PDT 2004

Dear David Douthitt,

I have a question about this.  I see in the uclibc differences file:

6) uClibc does not support NSS (/lib/libnss_*), which allows glibc to easily
support various methods of authentication and DNS resolution.  uClibc only
supports flat password files and shadow password files for storing
authentication information.

http://www.uclibc.org/downloads/Glibc_vs_uClibc_Differences.txt

Do I understand you to mean that network code such as wget will fail under uclibc even if compiled staticly?

Regards,
-David Wilson