Coreutils check failure

Dane Powell danep at e-toll.com
Tue Aug 24 08:12:16 PDT 2004

> I am havin the exact same problem as Dane Powell, a make check fail in
> coreutils after
> following the instructions to the letter.
>
> Im running an AMD Duron system, with Mandrake 10.0 Community Edition as
> the
> host,
> which suggests that this is a host problem. The versions are the same,
> lfs-5.1.1 (current stable), coreutils-5.2.1.
>
> As well as stty failing the row-col-1 test, my terminal is clobbered with
> random colors
> and characters. This is not surprising since stty changes terminal
> parameters.

The exact same thing is happening to me, with the funky colors, garbled
output, and a crash related to a Kernel panic half the times I run make
check!  I just didn't mention it because I thought it was related to bad
RAM, or possibly overheating.  Thanks for mentioning that :)

Peace,
-D

All it takes to fly is to hurl oneself at the ground....and miss.
www.owlnet.rice.edu/~danep