Coreutils check failure

Paul Barker paulbarker666 at hotmail.com
Tue Aug 24 07:36:17 PDT 2004

>Please enter the directory coreutils-5.2.1/tests/stty and do the following
>
>make VERBOSE=yes check-TESTS 2>test.log
>bzip2 test.log
>
>and then post test.log.bz2

Ive attached this file but linux completely crashed (responded to
Ctrl-Alt-Del,
then hung while shutting down) after the test finished. I have taken a
couple
of screenshots with a camera to show how the console was messed up, and i
will send them if you think they are relevant.

>Note, that it's important that you only redirect stderr (as in the above
>command), not stdout, because stdout needs to be a terminal.
>BTW, are you running the test in an xterm or at the Linux console?

I am running at the Linux console in the chroot environment, but Mandrake
10.0
seems to display the console graphically since there is a picture behind the
text.

Just out of interest, uname reports:
Linux localhost 2.6.3-4mdk #1 Tue Mar 2 07:26:13 CET 2004 i686 unknown
unknown GNU/Linux

http://toolbar.msn.co.uk/