Am I in the right place?

Ed Leafe ed at leafe.com
Tue Aug 24 07:13:08 PDT 2004

	I have a rather ambitious goal: I want to be able to create an
executable program along with all of the libraries it needs so that I
can distribute it to any Linux system and have it run. I am not able to
do that currently, since many of these libraries have a compiled-in
link to basic libs such as /lib/ld-linux.so.2. What I want to do is be
able to compile these libs to link to a copy of ld-linux.so.2 in their
own directory, so that I can distribute them as a self-contained
functioning unit.

	One of the people who has helped on other parts of this project stated
that what I was trying to do was essentially building my own distro of
Linux, albeit one that could only do the few things I need. A few
minutes on Google brought me to your site, and I must say I'm impressed
by what I've seen so far.

	My question is simply is LFS what I need to be pursuing, or is there a
simpler or more direct path I can take?

      ___/
     /
    __/