util-linux can't find hwclock ?

Christopher Bergeron christopher at bergeron.com
Sun Aug 22 20:02:42 PDT 2004

Guys (and token gal) - I'm trying to build util-linux inside of my new
chrooted environment, however I'm getting this error:

In file included from /tools/include/asm/io.h:4,
                 from cmos.c:53:
/tools/include/linux/config.h:4:28: linux/autoconf.h: No such file or
directory
make[1]: *** [cmos.o] Error 1
make[1]: Leaving directory `/sources/util-linux-2.12a/hwclock'
make: *** [all] Error 1

However, the file _does_ exist:
root:/sources/util-linux-2.12a# find / -name "autoconf.h"
/usr/include/linux/autoconf.h

and it's empty (per a previous step).

The "  ./configure "  works out ok, and only warns me that I don't have
zlib (which seems irrelevant).

Can anyone shed any light on this for me?  I have a feeling I missed a
step, but I can't seem to figure out what...

Much thanks in advance!
- Chris B.