Glibc CVS issue: missing zoneinfo &al.

Tapio Kelloniemi spam13 at thack.org
Sat Aug 21 00:29:06 PDT 2004

Hi

I'm building the CVS version of LFS and I have reached the chapter 6.
As usual, glibc is the problem:
Compilation first failed in nptl/sysdeps/unix/sysv/linux/i386/lowlevellock.h
which has a bad prototype of ___lll_lock_wait function.
This was easy, but the build then failed in nptl, because there was no
rule to make target pthread_spinlock_trylock.o or something similar.
THis was with the 20040701 version. I updated to current CVS and the
prototype issues still existed, but the compilation succeeded otherwise.
I gave configure the --host and --target options (i486-pc-linux-gnu),
because I want to put this system on CD.
Make check failed the locale tests with de_DE locale, because it did not
exist, but all others succeeded. I installed with make
cross_compiling=no install, but for some reason /usr/share/zoneinfo
contains only iso3166.tab and zone.tab. As far as I know, make install
did not report any errors. I run make install withouth the cross
compiling stuff, but it did not help. If someone has an idea, what is
wrong, I'd be very thankful. I also don't have any idea, if something
else is missing as well, but at least glibc installed its libraries in
/lib and binaries to /usr/bin.

--
Tapio