TCL8.4.6 strstr.c make error

Cynric bogus at nothing.net
Fri Aug 20 23:49:24 PDT 2004

Hello,

I'm getting what appears to be a fairly common problem when compiling TCL:

../compat/strstr.c: In function `strstr':
../compat/strstr.c:67: error: `NULL' undeclared (first use in this function)
../compat/strstr.c:67: error: (Each undeclared identifier is reported only once
../compat/strstr.c:67: error: for each function it appears in.)
make: *** [strstr.o] Error 1

Typically this issue seems to be resolved by checking the dynamic linker,
but mine appears to be set correctly. Running the readelf suggestion and
checking out the specs file yields "/tools/lib/ld-linux.so.2". The tools
sym link in / also exists. Any ideas on what else to check? I'm running
SuSE 9.1 Pro 64bit. Thanks.