Glibc install problems

Dane Powell danep at e-toll.com
Sun Aug 15 09:09:04 PDT 2004

Hey ya'll; I'm having some trouble installing Glibc in Chapter 5.  I've
scoured the web, but haven't been able to find any solutions:

Configuration and make AUTOCONF=no all goes just fine, but when I do make
install, it ends in this:

/mnt/lfs/sources/glibc-build/elf/sln
/mnt/lfs/sources/glibc-build/elf/symlink.list
make[1]: *** [install-symbolic-link] Illegal instruction
make[1]: Leaving directory '/mnt/lfs/sources/glibc-2.3.3-lfs-5.1'

I'm building using a fresh Debian Woody install on a PIII-based laptop.  Any
ideas???

Peace,
-D

All it takes to fly is to hurl oneself at the ground....and miss.
www.owlnet.rice.edu/~danep