/tools/bin/bash

Joel Miller cheeziologist at mail.isc.rit.edu
Thu Aug 12 21:11:42 PDT 2004

Christopher Bergeron wrote:
> Can anyone [help me] figure out why I can't chroot into my development
> environment (chapter 6 of  5.1.1)?  When I try to execute the chroot
> command, i get an error about "env".  'env' does exist in /bin/ and I
> can execute it manually, however, I can't chroot with it.
>
> Does anyone have any ideas?
>
> Much thanks in advance!
> -Chris B
>

> Here's some detail:
<snip>
> [root at fileserver ~]$ ldd /tools/bin/env
>         libc.so.6 => /lib/libc.so.6 (0x4001f000)
>         /lib/ld-linux.so.2 => /lib/ld-linux.so.2 (0x40000000)

When you chroot all your apps you compiled in tools should be linked
against libraries in /tools/lib. You made an error when compiling your
toolchain, likely during the adjusting your toolchain section of the
book. You need to recompile all packages linked against libraries in
/lib so they are linked against libraries in /tools/lib.

--
Registered LFS User 6929
Registered Linux User 298182