bash 3 trap usage message when configuring gcc-3.3.3

Matthew Burgess matthew at linuxfromscratch.org
Thu Aug 12 10:23:22 PDT 2004

On Thu, 12 Aug 2004 13:19:46 -0400
Christopher M Bergeron <christopher at bergeron.com> wrote:

> When trying to configure gcc-3.3.3 (pass 1 and pass 2) the last
> message that is displayed is a "trap" usage explanation.
>
> I'm using bash v3 and I think the trap syntax might be different from
> bash v2.  Has anyone else seen this message?

This was also reported here:
http://www.linuxfromscratch.org/pipermail/lfs-hackers/2004-August/001897.html.
 I'm not quite sure what's causing this, as I would have expected more
than 2 reports if it was biting everyone.  Then again, as it looks
like a syntax error, I'd equally expect _everyone_ to be bitten by it.
 Oh well, thanks for the report, we'll look into it.

Cheers,

Matt.