Fwd: Re: Make fail GLIBC 2.33 - LFS 5.1.1 - Chap 5

Chris Lingard chris at stockwith.co.uk
Tue Aug 10 10:53:28 PDT 2004

LFS.20.altair2010 at spamgourmet.com wrote:

>>On Tue, 2004-08-10 at 10:13 +0200, wrote:
>> > Hello,
>> >
>> > I have a problem during compilation on glibc pass1 in LFS 5.1.1
>> >

>> > I'm using a boot cd of LFS (found on your web site)
>>
>>Which cd is that? Can you specify which link you used? Thanks.
>

> I'm using Boot CD creted by Chris Lingard, but i'm using the packages of
> the LFS 5.1.1 and not packages of the CD...
>
> I did'nt find Boot CD of LFS with Packages 5.1.1 and the nALFS for the
> 5.1.1, it's a pity...

You should have all the packages in the disk partition that is mounted
on /mnt/lfs

Everything else is held in memory

You are compiling in /mnt/lfs_compil/  You should be using something
within /tools ->  /mnt/lfs; like /tools/src

Run the top command and see if your running out of memory/swap/space

You can make partitions within the boot CD, and write to /tmp too; but
this is using your memory; you should do all the work on a mounted
disk partition

Chris